Are you searching for a WordPress security plugin? Is your website suddenly slowed down without no apparent reason? Or has it been infected with a virus? Worry no more because WordFence security is one of the most famous WordPress security plugins in the market.
In this plugin review, we will take a look at its performance and specs to find things out. Here, we’ll talk about the configurations that you can apply on your site to improve its security and possibly speed up the performance as well.
Why Would You Need a Security Plugin?
On today’s generation, there are lots of bots that’ll try to break your site for no reason or mostly to get users’ information. You should know that users’ information is so important that people will buy it to improve their company’s reach.
Most of the breaching that’s happening on a website is done by bots which is why most security plugins are designed to block unwanted bots. However, if your website is a target by hackers themselves, then you would need something more than just a security plugin like CloudFlare, which is known to be the company who handled and stopped one of the largest DDoS attacks which took place on 2013. If you want to know more about the most famous DDoS attacks, just click the link.
What is WordFence? How it Saves Your WordPress website?
Wordfence is a WordPress security plugin that saves your site against security threats. This includes malware, hacking, brute force and DDOS attacks.
It comes with a site application firewall, which filters all traffic to your site and stops suspicious requests. It has a virus scanner that checks all your WordPress core files, themes, doubtful codes, and plugins. This helps you to run a hacked WordPress website.
The WordPress Wordfence plugin is free. But it’s also available with a premium version. It gives you access to more latest specs such as the following:
- firewall rules updated in true time
- country blocking
- scheduled scanning
What WordFence security does:
- Scans core files, plugins and themes, against WordPress.org repository versions to verify their credibility.
- Includes advanced domain and IP WHOIS to report infected IP or network. And block full networks using the firewall.
- Checks for the strength of all admin and user passwords to better login security.
- Scans for traces of trojans, backdoors, suspicious code, and other security problems.
- Watch your DNS security for unauthorized DNS changes.
- Choose whether you want to throttle or block robots and users who break your security rules.
- Includes login protection to lock out brute force hacks. It also prevents WordPress from revealing info that will compromise security.
- Scan files outside your WordPress installation.
- Scan for known vulnerabilities and viruses such as the HeartBleed vulnerability.
- Mechanical updates to newer versions within twenty-four hours of its release.
- Monitors disk area which is related to security. Many DDoS attacks attempt to use all disk area to make denial of service.
- WordFence Security for multi-places also monitors all your comments and posts across all blogs from a single admin panel.
- Paid users can block schedule and nation scans for particular times.
WordFence security plugin is a top option for a great WordPress security setup. However, it is not the top WordPress security plugin. It puts an extensive amount of load on your server. This could affect your website performance if you are on a shared hosting environment. It messes up with your WordPress data and saves a lot of detail in your database.
As mentioned above, this will mostly happen if you’re on a shared server or a cheap hosting service. If you’re on a cloud hosting environment or at a high-quality and well-respected company, then you don’t need to worry about the load that it’ll put on your site.
Install a WordPress security plugin like WordFence on your site now to prevent your site from breaking and possibly you paying for damages that would be done on your server. Install other tools too that would be helpful on different aspects of running a website. Learn more about WordFence Premium here.